The KlipOQuery-Panelapplet for KDE is meant to be a bridge between Klipper and the Web. By simply copying the active item from the clipboard, KlipOQuery will pass this string to the selected service
from the popupmenu. [view project in german
- Get Infos from selected words of all Applications with one Click
- Group services in your own categories
- Change selected Services with the scrollwheel
- Have a fast access to your top services
Here you can download the KlipOQuery Source-Package:
!!Note that klipoquery will only work with KDE3 (KDE3.3 and 3.4 are tested)
KlipOQuery v0.2.4 (source package) 2004-09-13
Additional Service Ressource Files:
Distribution specific files:
- Added Suse RPM package - known to work with Suse 9.3 (at least)
- updated the servicelist
- Minor Bugfixes (typos and sizings)
- Added unoffical Gentoo Ebuild. (Make sure to copy the sourcepackage to your distfiles directory)
- Fixed Sizing Problems when kicker is vertical aligned
- Renamed Project to KlipOQuery
- Catched long timeout with the dcop server if the Klipper Item is empty or not checked
- Faster Handling of a "Query call" which results in faster popup of the browser
- Please have a look to the Readme if you want to upgrade from webklip to KlipOQuery
- added cancel dialog
- better handling with URL (especially mozilla)
- support for standardbrowser
- bugfixes (mostly speedimprovements)
2004-07-04 Choose of different browser now possible
2004-06-10 Initial Release
./configure (default prefix ist /usr/kde/3.3)
ln -s /usr/lib/kde3/lib/libklipoquery.so /usr/lib/kde3/libklipoquery.so
ln -s /usr/lib/kde3/lib/libklipoquery.la /usr/lib/kde3/libklipoquery.la
ln -s /usr/lib/kde3/share/apps/kicker/applets/klipoquery.desktop /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets/klipoquery.desktop
Installation with Gentoo Ebuild:
- If you want to have the ebuild present after an
emerge sync command, add a portage layer in /etc/make.conf (e.g. PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage)
- Place the ebuild in your default
/usr/portage/app-misc/ or your custom portage dir
- (Optional but Fail-Safe) Copy the Source Package [KlipOQuery v0.2.4] to the
- Proceed with the common
emerge -[p]v klipoquery command
Add to dock
Relogin into your KDE-Session, then RMB on the dock -> add -> panelapplets -> klipoquery
Please make sure that the klipper applet is also running. Otherwise klipoquery is not able to work!
Add a service
In the preference dialog, you will see a filetree like visualisation of the available services. By clicking the right mouse button (rmb) on a group item you can add a service.
In the textbox you can change the items Name, Description, URL and the activation.
So lets start how to modify a web url:
- First you should identify a service which could be helpfull for you purposes
- Lets start with an example like the onlinedirectory dmoz.org. Go to www.dmoz.org with your browser and type in a search query like "My Searchterm".
- After gaining the results from this search, have a look in the address-field of your browser:
You may see something like
http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/search?search=My%20Searchterm. Now, copy this URL to the preferences Dialog and replace the red marked word(s) with %s, so that we can read http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/search?search=%s. Thats all.
Groups are just for a better visualisation, nothing more nothing less.
This is actually for very huge lists, so that you can deselect services you won't need without deleting them
Shows your [1-10] frequent accessed services.
If you got suggestions, bug reports (yes it is possible), or additional services, please send me a mail.
Hope this application is usefull.
Michael Vonrueden June,20 2005